Are you ready to be successful in building YOUR online business from scratch?
You have come to the right place!
I am here to help!!
Putting the Pieces Together
How To Build An Online Business
Online Entrepreneur Guide (OEG) Vol. 1
Building Your Online Business requires just a few basic steps. These steps will be explained down below. These are the building blocks to get started.
As you can see in the puzzle, there are a few things to get an understanding of to build an online business. Explained here are things you will be learning in more detail if you decide to sign-up for a free trial period at Wealthy Affiliate
The topics covered on this page explain the pieces of the puzzle, at a high level, for what is needed to build a successful online business. A Website is in the center and the outer edges are the things needed for building YOUR Website.
If you wish to focus on just one topic, feel free to click on any blue text you see, these are known as links to the posts represented. If you have questions specific to a section, feel free to leave a comment on the post. If you wish to leave a more generic comment or ask a question about all of the posts, you can do so by scrolling to the bottom of this page.
These elements are the very basics of the foundation necessary for building a website. The terms may seem a bit confusing and even in some cases overwhelming.
These feelings are not unusual, rest assured you are not alone. The varying degrees to which a person becomes confused and/or overwhelmed depends on a few factors. Most of these can be directly associated with Age, further expanded upon in For All Generations:
** Not In Any Particular Order **
- Unfamiliar With Current Technologies
- Unfamiliar With All The New Terms Specific To An Online Business
- Fear of Online Exposure
- Difficulty With Self Learning
- Concern Of Breaking Things In The Software
- I Don't Know What I Don't Know, How Can I Ask My Questions?
- Financial Pressures
- I Have Done All Of This Work, Why Am I Not Seeing Certain Results?
- Realizing, I Have Done This Before, I Know I Have, But Now I Have No Idea Where To Go Back To In Order To Do It Again
- Wanting To Be Right Instead Of Being Teachable
- Expecting/Hoping For Results Right Away
- Different Ways We Communicate With Each Other Online
- Finding It Difficult To Communicate Primarily In Writing
- Getting Stuck and/or Impatient When Answers To Questions Are Not Instantaneous
- How Closely The Person Follows The Training Here At Wealthy Affiliate
- Not Following The WA Training And Doing All Of The Action Items Associated With Each Of The Lessons
- Forgetting To Give Ourselves A Big Woo Woo Pat On The Back When We Have Struggled To Figure Something Out And We Do It! (I myself have gotten into the habit of doing a fist pump in the air and actually saying Woo Woo to myself, my roommates look at me funny at times, who cares)
- Getting Distracted Easily.
- Fear Of Social Media
I was amazed with the World Class Training here at Wealthy Affiliate in part because breaks are actually built directly into the training in an attempt to alleviate people from getting overwhelmed.
Lesson 5 of 10, for pretty much all of the Wealthy Affiliate Courses. have within the task list to take a break, several days worth of a break as a matter of fact. I myself must confess, I did not take the recommended breaks. Did You? (no need to answer to anyone except yourself).
I truly believe the 7/24 Chat, Private Messaging, Training, and Questions framework allow for WA people to reduce the information overload we all sometimes feel.
Feel free to add to the comments below, additional things causing you to be confused or overwhelmed.
One can compare the process of building a website to the building of a retail store.
To build a retail store one needs 3 main structures:
1) A Parcel of Land with an address - a Domain Name (URL).
2) A Foundation to hold the store - a Hosting Provider.
3) The retail store itself - a building (Wordpress) with different rooms holding content (Niche).
It is an interface on the Internet. Any time you click on to an Internet Browser, (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari) you are looking at a website.
30 Seconds To Your Own Website
A hosting provider can provide a number of vital services to individuals and companies that want to create a presence online. Unlike an Internet service provider (ISP) that is responsible for your connection to the Web, a hosting provider gives you a place in the World Wide Web to send visitors, place files, build shopping carts, hold pictures and other vital website needs. Web hosting providers come in many shapes and forms, and target users of varying experience levels, but all provide certain basic functions.
A domain name is a case-insensitive string of letters, numbers, and hyphens that is used to define the location of a website. Domain names are used as pointers to IP addresses. Domain names are typically arranged hierarchically,
For example in my main domain name:
The following URL is to a Page:
The following URL is to a Category
The following URL is to a Post:
"A niche is simply a GROUP of PEOPLE."
Kyle - Co-Owner Wealthy Affiliate
The above link will direct YOU to one of the best descriptions of Niches that I have ever read concerning what a Niche is. This was written by Kyle, a co-owner at Wealthy Affiliate. Rather than trying to explain Niches here, please feel free to go and read it from the link.
WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress was used by more than 22.0% of the top 10 million websites as of August 2013. WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites.
A content management system (CMS) is a computer application that allows publishing, editing and modifying content, organizing, deleting as well as maintenance from a central interface. Such systems of content management provide procedures to manage workflow in a collaborative environment. These procedures can be manual steps or an automated cascade. CMSs have been available since the late 1990s.
CMSs are often used to run websites containing blogs, news, and shopping. Many corporate and marketing websites use CMSs. CMSs typically aim to avoid the need for hand coding, but may support it for specific elements or entire pages.
Take a minute to review the chart above and consider what YOU need to create an online business.
1) Are you new to Internet Marketing? If yes, choose Wealthy Affiliate. If no, consider GoGVO.
2) Would you like to have people available to help you brainstorm ideas while you are learning? If yes, choose Wealthy Affiliate. If no, considerGoGVO.
3) Would you like to have all the training in one place that teaches you everything you need to know to build an affiliate website? If so, choose Wealthy Affiliate.
4) Are you a technical type who likes to be able to access everything for your website? Choose GoGVO.
When I first started my journey into the Internet Marketing world, I searched many different avenues. Many of them have been mentioned here. By far, the easiest to start and get going in the shortest amount of time is AFFILIATE MARKETING. There are many, many, many products on various pieces to the puzzle of learning how to become an affiliate marketer. I've spent thousands over the years piece meal learning what is all consolidated in a very easy to learn format at Wealthy Affiliate. Had I found Wealthy Affiliate earlier in my journey I could have reduced my learning curve dramatically.
There are many pieces to becoming an AFFILIATE MARKETER and these pieces can seem overwhelming in the beginning. Wealthy Affiliate is designed for YOU to learn at your own pace in an extremely easy step-by-step training guide.